- When is the Currier open?
- May I take photographs in the Museum?
- What is the policy on baby strollers?
- Is there a place to check coats and bags?
- May I use my cell phone in the Museum?
- Is there a chair or stool I can bring around the Museum with me?
- Does the Currier have lost or found?
- Does the Museum conduct appraisals?
- I have a work of art that I would like the Museum to consider for sale or donation. What should I do?
- How can I find out about getting rights to reproduce an image of an object?
- Is parking available at the Currier?
- How can I find out more about the history of the Currier?
- Do you schedule group tours in languages other than English?
- May I draw and/or paint in the Museum?
- Where can I eat at the Museum?
- How do I schedule a school or group tour?
- Can I reserve a wheelchair?
- How can I see a work of art that is not on view?
- Do you have a library? Where is it located? When is it open?
- Do I have to pay admission to visit the Café?
- If visitor's can't afford the price of admission, is there a policy that allows visitors to enter for free?
- Do you have a reciprocal agreement with other museums in regards to admissions?
- What do I do if the fire alarm goes off?
- Do you offer art classes?
- Will I be photographed while visiting the Museum?
- Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday*, Friday: 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Saturday: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Tuesday: Closed
*During Currier After Hours, typically on the first Thursday of every month: 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
The Museum and its offices are closed on the following holidays:
- New Year’s Day (January 1)
- Independence Day (July 4)
- Thanksgiving (fourth Thursday in November)
- Christmas Day (December 25)
Personal, non-commercial photography of the Currier collections without flash or tripod is permitted unless a "no photography" symbol is posted.
The use of flash or attachments, and movie or video cameras is not permitted in the Museum without specific written permission. Selfie sticks are also not permitted in the galleries.
If you wish to arrange a time for a commercial photoshoot and/or a film shoot, please contact Lisa Pavlopoulos, manager of special events & catering, at x110, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a member of the press and want to photograph or do a story about the Currier, please contact Steve Konick, director of public relations & marketing, at x102, or email email@example.com. All press requests require at least two week’s notice.
Strollers are generally allowed in all areas of the Museum, but there may be restrictions during periods of heavy attendance and in areas where special events are occurring. The Currier provides strollers on a first-come, first-served basis.
Yes, the Currier has a free coat check room located beside the Guest Services desk at the main entrance. All parcels, umbrellas, and backpacks must be checked, and are left at your own risk. Secured lockers are available.
5. May I use my cellphone in the Museum?
Cellphone use is not permitted in any area of the Museum, except for the lobby at the main entrance. We ask that all phones be set to vibrate or turned off during your visit.
Yes, upon request, our Guest Services department can provide a stool for use within the galleries that is lightweight and easy to transport. We ask that the stool be returned to Guest Services at the end of your visit.
If you lose an item during your visit, please ask at the Guest Services desk. If you realize you lost an item after your visit, you can call Guest Services at 603.669.6144, x108. Found items are held for a maximum of 30 days, and offered as a donation to a local charitable organization after that period. If a credit card is found, the company is immediately notified, and the card destroyed after a one-week period.
8. Does the Museum conduct appraisals?
The Currier can not appraise or give financial evaluations of works of art. Please contact one of the following organizations: American Society of Appraisers; Appraisers Association of America; or Art Dealers Association of America.
Please feel free to phone our Guest Services department at x108. Based on the type of work that you have, we will direct you to the appropriate curator.
To request rights to reproduce an image of an object, visit our rights & reproductions page or contact our registrar at 603.669.6144 x137.
Yes, there is ample free parking in the Currier’s parking lot, as well as free parking on several of the public streets that border the Museum and Currier Art Center.
The Currier currently offers guided group tours in French with prior arrangements via our group tours department. With a two-week advance request, we can also accommodate tours for the hearing-impaired with signing. For such arrangements, please call 603.669.6144, x113.
We encourage drawing (pencil only) in the galleries, and even have sketchbooks available for loan at the Guest Services desk or for purchase in the Museum Shop. Drawing will be restricted when the galleries are too crowded in the opinion of the security staff, or because of restrictions placed on special exhibitions. Special permission must be obtained for painting in the galleries.
The Winter Garden Café
The café offers visitors a unique selection of fresh sandwiches, salads, and daily specials.
Sit down, relax and refresh.
For details of the various programs and tours available to schools and groups. Or you can call our group tour administrator at x113.
17. Can I reserve a wheelchair?
We do have wheelchairs available for your visit on a first-come, first-served basis. You may call our Guest Services desk at x108 to check availability prior to your visit.
While visiting the museum, you may use our computer kiosk, located in the main entrance lobby. Our Currier Collections Online shares information on each piece in our collection, and indicates if it is currently on display.
Yes, the Currier has a reference library, which is located on the lower level of the Museum.
HOURS: The Library is open to guests Check the library page for current hours. CONTACT INFORMATION: 603-669-6144, x127 or firstname.lastname@example.org
No, payment of admission is not required in order to visit our Winter Garden Café, or to visit our Museum Shop. Check-in at our Guest Services desk is required prior to entrance.
We offer free admission hours to New Hampshire residents on Saturday mornings from 10 a.m. to noon. Many area libraries also have admission passes which can be checked out for use. Please check with your local library.
Members of the Currier do have reciprocity with some other museums, dependent upon the level of their Membership. Or, you may call our membership department at x152.
Immediately upon activation of the fire alarm system, staff and guests are required to immediately exit the building via the closest exit. Time should not be wasted in exiting as every alarm should be treated as a real fire emergency. Elevator use is prohibited during a fire drill or related evacuation procedure. Once outside of the building all building and driveway entrances must be kept completely clear to ensure the unhindered response of the Fire Department.
Yes, the Currier Art Center has a variety of classes suited to a wide range of age and experience levels. Or, you may call the Art Center directly at x122.
The Currier Museum of Art may photograph, film or videotape guests for educational and promotional purposes. Visitation is implied consent for the use of the guest’s likeness, voice or video image for marketing purposes.